Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sore Throat + Dreamweaver = Temporary Insanity. Steve Jobs's latest brainchild = Epic.

So I'm pretty sure I'm about to set the world record for "crappiest immune system ever". Okay that sounds stupid and is probably a little insensetive given all the pain and suffering people with serious ilnesses actually go through so I retract my former statement.Point is, having a flu/throat infection for the third time in under a month is not normal. I mean, technically speaking it's probably the same infection that's been plaguing me all along but the fact that it insists on deceptively disappearing for a few days and then resurfacing once I think I'm home free, is annoying.

Anyways. Spent most of today pulling my hair out working on a website for my course that's making me like Dreamweaver less and less. I've also developed a strong dislike for Internet Explorer as a result of CSS compatibility issues and would like to take a moment to say how wonderful it is that Mozilla Firefox exists.

In other news, Apple has finally released the coveted tablet! (Check out Gizmodo's live coverage of the event here.) As expected it's basically an iPhone on crack, which, lets face it, is freaking awesome. Observe:

It's actually pretty impressive. Multi-touch screen, custom apps like iWork and the iBook e-reader which you can now fuel from the brand new iBookstore :). Also, if you're an iPhone user, you can sync all your existing apps to it without paying a dime. Wi-fi and 3G models, your basic MacBook capabilities, e-mail, Safari, calendar, contacts and the sort.
Oh and have I mentioned, prices start at499 USD? Steve Jobs is calling it "Our most advanced technology in a magical and revolutionary device at an unbelievable price."
Unbelievable is right. I honestly do think it's a revolutionary product. It's not a MacBook, but it's no netbook either. It's in a class of its own which is oddly unsettling but still undeniably impressive. Needless to say, I'm a fan.

My only contentions however, are with the name. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the iPad.
Yep. I mean out of ALL the possible names out there, the iSlate, the iTablet, even freaking iPhone XXL would have been better than iPad.
I mean I don't necessarily want to be thinking of female hygiene products when meandering around an Apple store but with a name like that I don't possibly see how not to.
Think I'm making too big a deal out of this?

All I can say is, MadTV had it right back in '06:


No comments:

Post a Comment