Thursday, March 4, 2010

So Little Time, Not Enough Sleep.

It's been a while. Busy doesn't even begin to describe what I've been lately, I've actually found that I'm  now constantly surprised at how few hours there are in a day. It's times like these where one of Hermione's time-turners would be extremely useful. /geek. So basically, my wonderful lecturers/tutors at university have decided to set up about 4 huge consecutive deadlines within the span of 3 weeks which has proven to be just a little bit hectic. It's also rendered my social life non-existent, seeing as I've basically been living in the library/computing building for the past week. That, combined with the stress of having to keep up with job applications and interviews AND trying to come up with an idea for my final year project (read: dissertation) is...flabbergasting. That's what it is. That is the perfect word. <3
On a brighter note, the weather has been surprisingly sunny for a few days now, which always puts me in a better mood, and Easter is almost right around the corner which is awesome because I get to go home where the REAL sunshine is. I miss wearing shorts outside. And open toe shoes.

Speaking of Bahrain, I recently came accross a series of new TV adverts for Batelco's "Nothing Left to Say Syndrome" campaign. Now, my biggest problem with Batelco (well, maybe not my biggest problem considering their shoddy customer service is probably higher on that list) is that they have no semblance of consistency when it comes to their branding and advertising, which is simply because they switch ad agencies every other week. This week it's FP7, and I have to say I think they might just be heading in the right direction.
Yeah, some of the ads are cheesy/stupid. But they're a world away this atrocity.
Anyways, check them out on youtube, these are my favourites:






Now for some truly genius advertising:








“If one pixel can tell you a story, imagine what millions can.”

No comments:

Post a Comment