Wednesday, February 10, 2010

5:00 AM is not a good hour

To be up. Let alone to be up and have to make it to the train station on time. Anyways all is well, and i'm making my first post on the road as we speak. Or rather on the rail, if you want to get technical.
So another thing about 5 AM is that the lovely people over at east midlands trains aren't particularly thrilled about working the late/early shift and tend to be extremely unsympathetic to frazzled travellers who just happened to forget the credit card they need to collect their tickets. :) needless to say it was pretty frustrating. Despite the fact that i had my printed receipt with my full name and a bar code on it, as well as my rail card (which has my picture on it btw. I'm not sure how that helps exactly but i'm inclined to think that photo id adds some level of credibility), i still had to buy a new ticket. All in the 15 minutes before the train to my future was departing. Stressful? An understatement.
Now, i'd love to be seated next to michael j fox at this moment, but sadly my journey today is not of the time travel variety (besides, who time travels in anything other than a Delorean). I'm actually on my way to a very important job interview in north london. My nerves are okay, for now. The combination of john mayer and a view of the sun rising over a foggy english countryside is helping though. Anyways my phone battery seems to be draining quickly and i have quite the long day ahead of me. So i'll sign off with this: 5 AM is not a good hour to be in a pencil skirt either.

No comments:

Post a Comment